Thursday, January 15, 2009

Did you get here in a covered wagon?

It is going to be a long, hard semester my friends. Yesterday. School all day 9am-6pm, and it was ridiculously, bone-chillingly cold outside. I had my first quiz in AP2. It didn't go very well I'm afraid. The format was quite surprising, and unlike the AP instructor I had last semester who got all of his test questions from the textbook, this cat apparently takes them all from his lecture notes, spelling counts, fill in the blank. But hey, no one said it was going to be a picnic. Now that I have a better idea of what this guy is looking for I am certain I will do better next time, or at least do my best. I'm thinking of planning on attending the S.I sessions that start an hour before lecture just to make every effort.

I had my lab after lecture, the guy continued to lecture in lab for another hour, before we got to do some neat activities with blood. One of the girls in my lab group was having a bit of difficulty with some of the activities. She is a skinny, younger blond girl that says she is in her last semester before transferring to a bigger university to pursue a degree in mortuary science. I told her that she could use the CD that the instructor gave us that had pictures of the all the lab models to study, she said she didn't have a computer. Then another woman in our group told her to use her cell-phone to take some snapshots, the blonde proceeded to pull out her cell-phone which didn't have a camera on it because it was a huge "Zack Morris" late 90's model. The other group member said she would email her the model pics, upon which Blondie reminded her that she didn't have a computer.

The whole time I'm staring at her in disbelief that she had been enrolled in college this long without a computer, and then asked her if she was Amish. She apparently is not.

After a short break I had my first Microbiology lecture... it was a barrell of monkeys... teeming with protozoa and helminth larvae.

No comments: